Follow These Tips to Make Bedroom HealthierPerhaps you have worked hard to make the bedroom become more comfortable and beautiful for a place to rest. But behind the beautiful surface, maybe there is a serious health hazard lurking. Here, you can learn about what makes your sleep may be disturbed and how to overcome them.
|Healthy Bedroom sample photo.|
- Open the bedroom's window. Let the air out of your bedroom with the open window. This will make the room more fresh and protected from harmful gases.
- Add plants. One or two potted plants not only will beautify your bedroom, but also the plant will release oxygen and helps to filter out harmful compounds emitted by the cleaners, detergents and fragrances everyday.
- Purify the air in the bedroom. Using an air filter/air purifier is an efficient way to purify your bedroom from harmful pollutants and agitate allergens such as mites, dust, pollen, and pet dander.
- Clean certain areas in the bedroom. It is important to keep dirt and dust mites by cleaning the room regularly. Pay special attention to certain areas where the dirt is easy to accumulate, such as floors, corners and windows.
- Wash the bed. Dead skin, dirt, and dust gathered in the bed can cause problems such as asthma or acne. The good news, there is an easy way to get rid of the problems, just by cleaning the bed cover, blanket and pillowcases every 1-2 weeks.
- Aerate the bed. Keep the mattress from moisture by giving it the opportunity to "breath of" fresh air outdoors. Dry the bed covers, pillows, and blankets under the sun a few minutes to dry.
- Avoid using chemical pillows. The bad news for lovers of memory foam pillows or pillows that made from chemicals. The ergonomic pillow often emit harmful gases Volotile Organic Compounds or VOCs can cause headaches, nausea, and eye irritation. For that, you can exchange the stuffing/contents with organic materials, such as wool or fur. Additionally, you can also fill it with foam that is more secure as a natural latex foam.
- Choose mattress that is free of chemicals. Given how much time you spend in bed every day, of course you want this thing safe. While many products on the market, including mattresses, ever doused in flame-retardant chemicals. These chemicals closely related to cancer, birth defects and fertility problems. For that, look for a mattress that is free of chemicals.
That all healthy bedroom tips. I hope these tips can help you to make your bedroom healthier, more cozy/comfortable to sleep or rest.